Volunteer Marketing Manager
Closing date: June 10th 2014
(Approx 15-20 hours per month, including attending gigs and meetings)
Illicit Ink is a group of volunteer writers and performers who run awesome spoken word shows. Every month we gather to champion the strange, the beautiful, and the ever-so-slightly sinister in our two alternating events, Underground and Skyground.
We’re looking for a tough but lovely volunteer to handle marketing and press for our events. We want someone who loves and supports what we do and can put a few hours a week aside to help us by:
- Reviewing our current marketing and social media strategies
- Writing and disseminating press releases, listings information and our monthly newsletter
- Managing our blog* and updating our website with marketing-related content
- Researching and undertaking other marketing-related activities
- Attending events and committee meetings.
*The marketing manager wouldn’t necessarily have to write the blog, but would be responsible for finding others to provide content.
Essential skills and attributes
- Experience of writing creative copy, preferably press releases
- Previous marketing experience, such as creating marketing strategies and campaigns
- Computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail
- A love of constant deadlines
- A friendly, fun and helpful attitude.
Illicit Ink volunteers work from home and attend meetings and gigs in Edinburgh. To find out more about us, check out our website at illicitink.net/about. To apply for the position, please send a cover letter, CV and at least two copywriting samples to email@example.com.
Once a year, lady scientists from across the ages hop in a time machine and unite to share funny, heartbreaking and illuminating tales about what it means to be a woman in science at certain points in history. Oh, and they also come together to knit, but this is no genteel sewing circle…